St. Demetrios Church
The church was built in 1858 over the ruins of an older church, also dedicated to the same saint, which was destroyed in 1821 during the Holocaust of Kassandra along with the whole village.
It is a three-aisled basilica with a dome, a belltower, narthex and garden. It was built by artisans from Northern Epirus along with the villagers’ help. Very important was monk Filippos’ help from the Monastery of Simonos Petra.
The carved wooden iconostasis of the church is decorated with floral paintings and icons of the 19th century crafted by Georgios Athanasiou from Galatista.
In the central aisle there is the icon of Virgin Mary of Afitos crafted in Constantinople in the 14th century.