Tower of Sani
The Tower of Sani, also known as Tower of Stavronikitas, is located on the hill of Sani Hotel, where the acropolis of the ancient town probably was, a town that was founded by settlers from Eretria and until the Roman period was one of the most economically powerful cities in Halkidiki.
The wider area is known under the name Pirgos (Greek for Tower) since 1346. This area used to be a metochion of the Monastery of Stavronikitas.
The tower was built in 1543 protecting the metochion, is 8 meters high and remains in a very good condition until today.